Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Necronomicon Press: A Look Back, Part I

One of the panels at NecronomiCon-Providence 2013 I was excited to attend was "Necronomicon Press: A Look Back," a discussion between S.T. Joshi, Jason Eckhardt, and Robert Price, moderated by Sam Gafford. Necronomicon Press had been important to my deeper understanding of Lovecraft during my early adulthood when I sought supplemental reading to my growing library of Arkham House titles, and their catalogs regularly offered titles that enlightened (Lovecraft Studies, Studies in Weird Fiction) and entertained (Tales of Lovecraftian Horror, Cthulhu Codex), and the art that adorned the covers were hugely influential on me.

Below is a drawing done during the panel, and the first part of an audio recording in which Joshi, Eckhardt and Price discuss their earliest memories of Necronomicon Press.
Sketchbook drawing: Robert Price, S.T. Joshi, and Jason Eckhart; Sam Gafford was obscured by the podium

No comments:

Post a Comment